Monday, October 25, 2010

Mad Men Loves CathrineHolm . . . And So Does Tiny

When I see iconic mid-century Scandinavian design, I go weak in the knees.  In fact, every time I gaze at Tiny's set of CathrineHolm lotus pattern enamelware bowls, I get the vapors.  Someone better buy these, quick, before I decide to keep them for myself.



CathrineHolm doesn't refer to the designer, but the factory in Oslo, Norway that manufactured these bowls in the 50's and 60's.  The designer in question is Grete Prytz Kittelsen, sometimes referred to as the "Queen of Scandinavian Design" (at least according to Wikipedia).  She passed away just this year at the age of 93.

Her spectacularly simple CathrineHolm designs are known to inspire lust in collectors (myself included).  Displayed in a group, they're like eye candy.



Photo courtesy Tandem Antiques and Design.

As a dedicated Mad Men viewer, I was ecstatic to find CathrineHolm this season in the conference room of Sterling Cooper Draper Price.



My favorite show met my favorite design! I almost wet my pants!

Stop by Tiny's to peruse the latest CathrineHolm offerings.  Don Draper eats his martini olives from a CathrineHolm bowl - why not you?

No comments:

Post a Comment