Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pennsbury Pottery at Tiny's Lambertville

I love Pennsylvania Dutch folk art.  I love pottery.  Therefore, I love Pennsbury Pottery.

Pennsbury Pottery was founded in 1950 by Henry Bellow in Morrisville, Pennsylvania.  The company produced an array of clay tablewares featuring Pennsylvania-Dutch motifs such as birds, hexes, and Amish couples, as well as American folk art emblems like eagles.  The company closed its doors in 1970.

Pennsbury Pottery has been collected for a while now, and its popularity seems on the rise.  Like McCoy pottery, these pieces should be snapped up now! I would love to have my own collection, displayed in a pie safe or country cupboard.

For now, I have to content myself with the pieces on display at Tiny's.



No comments:

Post a Comment